- 2 months ago
Is your dog suffering separation anxiety?
Dogs are social creatures and they form strong bonds with humans.
Most dogs cope ok with the daily separation from their owners but unfortunately some dogs will become very distressed and even destructive, a problem known as separation anxiety.
Watch out for:
- Barking, howling
- Excessive chewing, digging and pacing
- Destruction and scratching of barriers - especially near doors and windows
- House soiling
Our top tips to help reduce your dog’s anxiety:
- Take your dog for a walk before you leave the house
- Don’t make huge fuss when you leave your dog or when you return
- Start small - leave your dog alone for only five minutes extending to twenty minutes then an hour, then longer
- Leave your dog with plenty of stimulating toys, chews and mind games
- Leave the radio or television on for company
Please don't hesitate to speak to us if you think your dog is developing separation problems. We have plenty of tools available to help you and your pet!